Ancient remedies using Aloe Ferox.
The medicinal, healing properties of aloe have been known for millennia and are still being used today.
Aloe use was discovered on a Mesopotamian clay tablet (ca. 2100 BC).
Aloes were listed in the Ebers papyrus (ca. 1500 BC) as an established cathartic.Legend has it that aloe was an important part of the beauty regimen of the Egyptian queens, Nefertiti and Cleopatra. Cleopatra of Egypt was regarded as a great beauty. Cassius Dio was quoted as saying; ‘For she was a woman of surpassing beauty, and at that time, when she was in the prime of her youth, she was most striking; she also possessed a most charming voice and knowledge of how to make herself agreeable to every one. Being brilliant to look upon and to listen to, with the power to subjugate every one, even a love-sated man already past his prime, she thought that it would be in keeping with her role to meet Caesar, and she reposed in her beauty all her claims to the throne.’ And the point of this story? It is said that the Queen of Egypt used aloe to help maintain her fabled beauty.
- The ancient Greeks and Romans were said to have used aloe to treat wounds.
- The Greek physician Dioscorides, while accompanying Nero’s army, mentioned aloe in his writing (ca 100 AD).
- Alexander the Great (356–323 BC) was persuaded by Aristotle to capture the island of Socrota in the Indian Ocean to secure its aloe supplies to treat his wounded soldiers (Bruce 1975).
- An ancient remedy, Aloe is mentioned in the Bible as a healing herb and it is known that the ancient Mesopotamians used the sap from aloes against skin infection.
- Spanish Explorers kept the cut leaves on board of their ships for burns and cuts.
- After the Atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima at the end of World War 2, the Japanese used aloe on large scale for the healing of burns and wounds.
Modern use of Aloe Ferox for beauty skincare and its wellbeing properties.
Today the healing, restorative properties of Aloe Ferox are still used to their full potential, to enhance natural skincare, hair and beauty products. The Aloe Ferox range is underpinned with a ‘beauty from the inside out’ approach with a range of wellbeing natural herbal supplements and drinks to provide relief from constipation, acne, psoriasis, eczema, arthritis and many more wellbeing issues.
Aloe Ferox is free-range harvested from the mountains in the Cape, South Africa.