Cleanse naturally with Aloe Ferox natural skincare products.
Natural beauty products, Aloe Ferox offers cleansing for natural skin care. Never drying, gentle, effective skin care solutions for all skin types; dry, normal, combination, oily, acne (problem, spotty) and anti-ageing.
Beauty is more than skin deep, but it helps to start your skin care routine with effective cleansing – arguably more important than moisturising. Cleanse morning and night for a fresh-faced, glowing complexion.
Some ‘me-time’ for a bit of pampering may involve a facial. We have some tips on how to do a home facial from the comfort of your home.
If you’ve experienced a salon facial, you’ll know that one of their tricks is to steam to open up the pores. This soften the skin, and helps make masks more effective. You can steam your skin like you’re in the salon for regular deep cleansing. Okay, it may involve you doing the work – such as it is, but the advantage is you can do it regularly and around your own schedule.
Do you have blackheads? They can be a bit of a challenge to remove and prevent occurring again. We have some simple skincare advice on how to treat and remove your blackheads.
Aloe Ferox cleansing solutions
We have a range of natural skincare products for every day and deep cleansing.
Aloe Ferox Foaming Cleanser is a natural wash on, wash-off cleanser. Alcohol-free. Never drying. Normal, combination skin types.
How to do a deep cleansing facial at home.
For natural deep cleansing that goes beyond the daily 1,2,3 steps of cleansing, toning and moisturising, exfoliation and facial masks are to be recommended. You owe it to yourself to find 10 minutes, once a week to do a home deep cleansing facial. Simply exfoliate and mask your face. A regular programme of pampering will pay dividends and remedy any skin care problems.
Make a deep clean a weekly routine.
Scrub to make way for new skin.
All skin types will find a scrub a great way to freshen up the complexion. A scrub will remove make-up, cleanse, exfoliate to removing dead skin cells and deep-set impurities (blackheads). Scrubbing makes way from new skin and thereby helps to create a more radiant complexion with a healthy glow. A weekly facial scrub efficiently buffs away dry skin and congestion. Exfoliation provides a deeper clean than a regular cleanser and helps to keep your skin free from blemishes. Skin is softer and fine lines caused by dry skin are reduced. Removing the top layer of skin helps the new, healthy skin to appear more quickly, helping to create a glowing complexion. One of the main benefits of exfoliation is the treatment and prevention of blackheads.
Mask for deep cleansing or a moisture boost.
A mask should be applied weekly as part of your home beauty programme. Face masks usually serve one of two purposes. Deep cleansing or moisturising. A clay mask helps to cleanse oily skin or skin prone to acne or breakouts. As well as deep cleaning, it unclogs and tightens pores, removes excess oil from your skin and controls shine.A moisturising mask can provide an instant thirst-quenching boost to dull, dry, mature or dehydrated skin. This type of mask is ideal for combating the drying effects of air travel, air-conditioning, central heating and when reviving the skin for special occasions. The results will be a plumping up of fine, dry lines, relieving signs of fatigue and a brighter complexion.
For combination skin types, it is recommended that a clay-based mask is applied to the oily areas and a moisturising mask to the dry areas. No matter what type of mask you opt for, the end result is usually to leave you feeling fresh faced and invigorated.
Steaming is highly effective at unclogging pores and removing deep-seated problems like spots and blackheads. Blackheads take time and patience to remove, but can be dealt with from the comfort of your own bathroom.
How to steam your skin like you're in a salon.
Deep clean with a weekly steam.
Steaming your face weekly can help to keep your skin spot-free, young, radiant by cleaning away impurities. A weekly steaming can do wonders for your complexion. Steam will clean your skin from the inside out by forcing out impurities which are anchored deeply in your pores.
Deep clean with your complexion weekly for a glowing complexion.
If you are prone to oily or blemished skin you may experience a breakout of spots or pimples the first few times you steam your face. That’s normal and nothing to worry about. It’s part of the process of gaining a clear complexion. Over time the breakouts will stop and your skin will be more fresh and lovely. If you have dry skin, only steam your face every two weeks, as the steaming process will remove natural oils from your skin.
- Wash your face twice, the first wash will remove dirt, make-up, and oil from your skin, the second wash will wash away any remaining traces. Gently pat your face dry.
- Pour water into pot and boil over high heat.
- Cover the pot for about one minute so that the water cools a little.
- Find a comfortable place to sit where you can place the bowl about 10 inches from your face, and remain at that angle for at least ten minutes. Drape the large towel over your face, covering the sides of the bowl so the steam won’t escape. Close your eyes and relax.
- Let the steam work its magic for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with very cold water to close your pores.
- Gently pat dry, and moisturize to keep your skin supple.
Zesty citrus steam for oily, acne or blemished skin
Citrus fruits have antiseptic, astringent properties that work magic on oily or spotty skin. Follow the same steps for a regular steam. The only difference is that at step 2, as the water starts to boil, cut your lemon (orange, grapefruit) in half, squeeze the juice into the boiling water and then slice the fruit and add to the pot. Remove from the heat once the citrus is added.
Natural Beauty Care suggestions.
If you suffer from dry skin, skip the weekly steam. Remember to keep your face at least 10 inches from the steaming bowl.
- The facial steam can be very relaxing make it part of your weekly routine.
- Enjoy relaxing for at least 10 minutes.
- Keep your eyes closed while you steam.
- Do not put your face too close to the steam as it can burn your skin.
- Be careful not to spill boiling water on yourself.
- Above all remember that you’re working with boiling water, it is very hot and can burn.
How to treat and remove blackheads at home.
Trouble with blackheads? No more.
Are you having difficulty keeping your skin completely clean and flawless because of blackheads? They can create deep pores in your skin and if deeply-lodged can be challenging to get rid of. Blackheads are very common on the nose, chin and forehead – the T-Zone.
- Keep your face clean. Wash your face twice a day, morning and night.
- Use a gentle cleanser, suited to your skin type. Do not be tempted to use a cleanser that leaves you with a ‘squeaky-clean’ feeling where your skin is left feeling tight and uncomfortable. That tends to lead to over-dry skin, and upsets your PH-balance. And then, the opposite of what you want happens. Your skin will either flake or go into over-drive with sebum production, causing oiliness or breakouts.
- Exfoliate with a facial scrub weekly (or more if you have an oily complexion) a week to refine your complexion by removing dead skin and impurities. An effective scrub need not be harsh – you should be gently resurfacing your skin, making way for fresh new skin rather than sloughing away too much too soon.
- Steam clean your face, ideally weekly. Take advantage of the pore-opening action of the steam to apply a clay mask which will absorb excess oil from the skin surface.
- If your skin is very oily or you suffer from acne or monthly breakouts (related to your period) you will benefit from a herbal supplement that helps balance hormones, such as Radical Image.
- Use make-up with is non-comodogenic (won’t clog your pores) and avoid any with an oil base as this will increase your skin’s natural oiliness.
- If you have ongoing problems with your complexion, it is possible that you are not using the right products for your skin type. And ironically you may be over cleansing. This is quite common for with combination or oily complexions. We have some suggestions as to how to work out your skin type.