Skincare made simple with natural solutions.
Natural ways to keep your skin healthy and beautiful.
Keeping your skin healthy does not need to involve expensive beauty products. Here are some natural skincare solutions to take care of your complexion, be beautiful and stay beautiful.
Follow a twice daily natural skincare cleansing routine with deep cleansing once a week to keep your complexion silky smooth.
Sleep for natural skin rejuvenation.
- Getting a good night’s sleep is good for you and great for your complexion. During sleep your skin rejuvenates with the cells undergoing a process of repair, recovering from daily harm.
- A range of natural skincare products that help repair and rejuvenate your skin is available.
- Seven (preferably eight) hours of sleep a night is what the experts recommend.
- To get the best benefits from a good night’s sleep, it’s best to go to bed with a squeaky clean skin, free of make-up which can interfere with the skin’s rejuvenation process.
Herbal remedies for optimal skincare.
Herbs can be useful in maintaining healthy skin and for treating problem skin. Here are some tips for herbal skin care, including tips for facial skin problems.
- Aloe Ferox with active plant botanicals has everyday and specialist skincare solutions for all skin types.
- Dry skin. Make a facial sauna with comfrey or calendula. Drink chamomile, dandelion or peppermint tea.
- Oily skin. Apply witch hazel onto the skin to absorb oil. Make a facial sauna using lemongrass and rosebuds.
- Acne. Tea tree is very good for treating acne.
Herbal cleansing: Herbs can also be useful in general cleansing of the skin of different types. Effective skin cleansers can be made using vegetable oils.
A balanced diet with the right vitamins and minerals and hydration are useful for fighting the signs of ageing. Other ways to prevent lines and wrinkles are by:
- Avoiding exposure of your skin to the sun by always using a high SPF sunscreen and a hat.
- Avoiding exposing your skin to heat. This includes waters. So soak in a bubble bath soak but don’t have scalding hot water and don’t steam your with just boiled water as this can burst the veins.
- Relax. Squinting, frowning (dare we say scowling) a lot will create those deep-set wrinkles. You may have heard that you use less muscles when you smile than when you frown – well there is a debate about that, but we like to believe so.
- Quit smoking as it causes premature skin ageing, fine lines, wrinkles and leads to sallow and unhealthy skin. (And you know it’s bad for you).
Food and drink for a healthy skin from within.
As you know, everything you eat and drink affects every part of your body. To eat (drink) your way to a clear skin, choose your daily menu to get maximum health and beauty benefits.
Nutrition for your skin should include:
- Foods containing Omega-3 fatty acids (e.g. Tuna, mackerel, herrings and sardines)
- Vitamin A or beta-carotene rich foods (e.g. Sweet potato, carrot, mango and spinach)
- Foods high in zinc (e.g. beef, peanuts, roasted pumpkin)
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Water – plenty of it
- Caffeine-free tea (e.g. green tea, Aloe Ferox Rooibos)
Read more about foods and their skin-friendly nutritional properties.
Hydration for natural skincare
- Keeping hydrated is important for overall health. For skin health, drinking lots of water is a dead-easy way of keeping your skin hydrated.
- Water also helps carry nutrients to your skin. Cola, coffee and alcohol dehydrate rather than hydrate (so don’t really count).
Herbal supplements for a glowing, spot-free complexion.
Supplements are a way of, well supplementing your diet. And a balanced diet will keep your skin in optimal condition. So while you can of course eat your way to a beautiful skin, if you need a little help with skin anti-ageing or healing, supplement are a ‘grab-and-go’ solution.
For problem skin that is ‘hormonally challenged’ Radical Image is a natural solution. Alternatively try: Primrose Oil, Omega 3, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or Zinc.